The beauty of God's creation

The beauty of God's creation
my second passion after writing it taking beautiful pictures

Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Reunion-Belonging is a Beautiful thing!

I am just about ready to do back flips, jump and touch the roof and spin on my head. Why, you ask? Well because I have just started meeting family that I didn't know I had and learning so much about my family and by extension about myself as well.
It is so great to meet the people that are a part of you and you are a part of them. It's funny how you think you know yourself so well, all the quirks, imperfections and personality traits you think makes you unique, then you find your family and find out that some of those things that you thought were uniquely you are actually family traits. I thought I would be unhappy or disappointed to find out I am not the uniquely different individual I thought I was but quite the opposite has happened. I am ecstatic to find that there are a whole bunch of people with similar personality traits like mine. There is this deep sense of belonging to see a photo of a family member you didn't know and realize they look just like you. It gives me thrill to talk to members of my family and realize we say the same crazy things and thing very much alike. It simply puts a smile on my face and this warm fuzzy feeling in my heart.
I have always wanted to be a part of a big, close knitted family and finding out that I actually am a part of one is an awesome start to my 2009.
Learning who I am as an individual and learning to love that person once I found her has been a long hard journey that has brought me to the place where I can celebrate me. Finding my family at this point in my life and learning how very much I belong to and with them is like the icing on the cake.
So now plans for a Family Reunion in 2010 are afoot and to say that I am excited is an understatement. Excitement just doesn't cut it, I am beside myself! I get to meet more people who are just like me and that can be nothing but good. The end result-I will have learned so much more about this person that looks back at me in the mirror and love her even more!
Charles Family Reunion 2K10-can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments: